Planning Your Genealogy Tour in Europe
Explore Your Ancestral Town in a way that you never imagined was possible. Have the kinds of experiences that make all the documents you’ve collected come to life.
- Contacts made in advance with pastors, archivists and local historians.
- Personal scouting of your ancestral town when practical, so that we can become familiar with what there is to see and do there.
- Personal arrangement of accommodations.
The Time to Enjoy Your Ancestral Town
- Relaxed schedule.
- No rushed itinerary.
- We adjust to your pace, not the other way around (like on group tours, where you have to keep up with the crowd).
Incredible discoveries are also part of a normal tour. Because you have your guide’s full undivided attention and plenty of help from local experts we can search out things that you’d never have time for on a bus tour, where you’re sharing your time with others.
Your Personal Tour
- You Pick Your Travel Companions (Minimum two persons)
- Tours for couples
- Tours for families up to 10
- No mix and match with strangers
Mix Castles with Ancestral Churches
Most of our guests want to mix some tourism in with their research. You can have exactly the kind of tour you want to have, because it’s all arranged especially for you. See a blog about a recent family history tour.
Details for Reserving Your Genealogy Tour
Your Genealogy Tour Application is the starting point. Following the return of this application we’ll submit a Draft Itinerary and at that time, we’ll give you a price for your tour based on your application.
Features of Our Tours
- No planned menus — you eat what you want, when you want. Breakfasts are always included in the cost of your tour.
- Lodging in superior quality inns or small hotels, with private bath and toilet guaranteed. All lodgings are hand picked to suit our needs. No budget hotels in the suburbs.
- Professional photography of all that we see and do included with some tours. I share those images with you digitally.
Your guide stays with you throughout most of each day and assists you with talking to the locals, understanding local customs and traditions.
You can book your tour as much as two years in advance with only a small deposit and contract required to hold your dates. Currency exchange rates may affect tour prices.
Need some professional help to break through those final brick walls, or just to get started? We recommend Legacy Tree Genealogists.
> Fill out the Genealogy Tour Application to get started.