September 15, 2012
The Catholic Church of Saint Pankratius is the ancestral church of Suzanne Pellegrino and Elizabeth Renney’s Mollerus ancestors, who settled in this village in the last years of the 18th century.
The church was built as early as the 12th century. A stone triptych on the north entrance of the church dates from that first building period. The rest of the church dates mainly from the 16th and early 17th century.
A massive organ with 33 registers built by Johann Patroclus Moeller dominates the rear of the church. It was built in 1750 and is still in good working condition, although some locals say that the large organ is too loud for the small church, which appears larger on the outside but which is smaller inside due to the nearly six foot thick walls.
The pulpit and high altar date from 1721.