Planning Your Genealogy Tour in Europe
Explore Your Ancestral Town in a way that you never imagined was possible. Have the kinds of experiences that make all the documents you’ve collected come to life.
- Contacts made in advance with pastors, archivists and local historians.
- Personal scouting of your ancestral town, so that we can become familiar with what there is to see and do there.
- Personal arrangement of accommodations.
The Time to Enjoy Your Ancestral Town
- You set the schedule, including when we start and end our day.
- No rushed itinerary.
- We adjust to your pace, not the other way around (like on group tours, where you have to keep up with the crowd).
Incredible discoveries are also part of a normal tour. Because you have your guide’s full undivided attention and plenty of help from local experts we can search out things that you’d never have time for on a bus tour, where you’re sharing your time with others. Our clients tell us, “bus tours are fine to get an introduction, but they are not the ways to go to Europe if you want to have a truly personal experience.”
Your Personal Tour
- You Pick Your Travel Companions
- Tours for singles
- Tours for couples
- Tours for families up to 24
- No mix and match with strangers
Mix Castles with Ancestral Churches
Most of our guests want to mix some tourism in with their research. You can have exactly the kind of tour you want to have, because it’s all arranged especially for you. We share our knowledge of Europe gained during extensive travel as (in James’ case) a photojournalist for a major daily newspaper published in Germany.
Details for Reserving Your Genealogy Tour
Your Genealogy Tour Application is the starting point. Following the return of this application we’ll submit a Draft Itinerary and at that time, we’ll give you a price for your tour based on your application. You’re not committed to anything until you make the decision to move forward.
Features of Our Tours
- No planned menus — you eat what you want, when you want. Breakfasts are always included in the cost of your tour.
- Lodging in superior quality inns or small hotels, with private bath and toilet guaranteed. All lodgings are hand picked to suit our needs. No budget hotels in the suburbs.
- Professional photography of all that we see and do included with some tours.
Your guide stays with you throughout each day and assists you with talking to the locals, understanding local customs and traditions.
You can book your tour as much as two years in advance with only a small deposit and contract required to hold your dates. Currency exchange rates may affect tour prices.
Please note: Our calendar for 2014 can not accommodate any further genealogy or research-based tours. We must limit the number of these types of trips that we lead in order to maintain quality. If you are interested in a family history trip please select 2015 or later in your interest form.
> Fill out the Genealogy Tour Application to get started.